Seniors Should Know...
The terms assistive device or assistive technology can refer to any device that helps a person with hearing loss or a voice, speech, or language disorder to communicate. These terms often refer to devices that help a person to hear and understand what is being said more clearly or to express thoughts more easily. With the development of digital and wireless technologies, more and more devices are becoming available to help seniors with hearing, voice, speech, and language disorders communicate more meaningfully and participate more fully in their daily lives.
- New studies show denial of hearing loss is a significant problem among seniors.
- Research shows that hearing tests aren’t even on most seniors’ to-do list.
- The average person has been having trouble hearing for seven to 10 years before they seek treatment.
- National Council on Aging found that those who didn’t use hearing aids were 50 percent more likely to experience depression than people who did wear them.
- When seniors deny they have a hearing loss, they also deny treatment and deny the negative effects of hearing loss; such as: depression, isolation, anger and cognitive decline.
- Reasons why seniors deny hearing loss and don’t seek treatment:
- They think their hearing is not bad enough to need hearing aids.
- They say they hear what they want to hear, and don’t care about the rest.
- They claim that everyone around them is mumbling.
- They say it’s normal to lose their hearing. It’s just a part of aging, so “no big deal.”
- Unlike other health issues it isn’t life threatening, therefore it isn’t important.
- They see hearing loss as a sign of weakness.
- They are concerned about looking old.
- They have come to depend on coping strategies to deal with their hearing loss.
- They lack trust in the benefit of hearing aids.
Three Devices Seniors Should Have
Mini GPS Tracking Device
Mini GPS tracker is a new generation of personal GPS tracking device for kids and elderly people. It is compact, accurate, discreet and reliable.
The GPS tracker works anywhere in the world. With SOS emergency call function and 2 way voice function, you can have voice conversation with each other whenever they need your help. It is as small as a set of car keys and can be easily placed inside pocket/handbag/suitcase/backpack, etc. You can know exactly where your loved ones are.
- Tracking by real time.
- Support tracking by iOS/Andriod app and pc
- Built-in speaker and microphone, voice monitor & SOS emergency call function.
- Previous track playback: can check where you love one has been.
- Can set up 2 phone # and as long as you leave the red button press for 3 seconds it will call the phone # that are set up as an emergency contact and can have a conversation with them
- Geo-fence: you can set up a position range, and the device will send message to you when the device is out of this range.
- Water resistant (not water proof)
What it needs in order to work:
It needs a sim card that has internet in order to be able to track your loved ones but we can easily set it up with the $19 a month plan from ultra mobile or your desired carrier. You need to download the AIBEILE app in your phone to be able to track and adjust setting needed for your tracker.
SPECIAL - ACT TODAY!
Get this device including the first month of service and the sim card for only $100!
ACE iWork 10" Android Tablet
An Android Tablet will help you stay connected to your loved ones in many ways, including video chat, messaging, and email. It can provide you with access to the internet using a web browser and apps you can download from the Android Store.
- Color: Front white back silver
- Screen Size: 10.1 inch Full View 16:10 IPS Display
- Resolution: 1920x1200
- OS Windows 10 + Android 5.1
- CPU: Intel Atom x5 Z8350 Quad Core
- GPU: Intel Gen8-LP 10/12EU up to 500MHz
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 65GB
- Extend Card: Support TF Card up
- HDMI: Support Micro HDMI
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- OTG: Support
- G Sensor: Yes
- Ports: 1xType-C, 1xMicro USB, 1xMicro SD Slot, 1xMicro HTMI Port, 1x3.5mm Earphone Jack
- Camera: Front 2.0MP Rear 2.0MP
- Battery: 6500mAh/3.7V
- Weight: About 585g
- Dimensions: 261*168*9mm
SPECIAL - ACT TODAY!
Get this device for only $649!
The Mogo g6 is impressive any way you look at it. With a new edge-to-edge Full HD+ Max Vision display, nothing stands between you and your favorite content. Immerse yourself in games and movies with an ultra-wide 18:9 aspect ratio. And with integrated Dolby Audio™ preset modes, your favorite content always sounds its best. Get through a full day on a single charge with a 3000 mAh battery. When it’s time to power up, don’t slow down. The included turbopower™ charger gives you hours of battery life in just minutes of charging. Unleash your inner shutterbug with dual rear cameras and advanced photo software. Shoot timelapse video. Take wide-angle selfies with fun face filters on the 8 MP front camera. Plus, use the smart camera system to learn more about objects and landmarks around you. Enjoy your favorite apps, games, and videos without lags and interruptions on a blazing-fast Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 1.8 GHz octa-core processor. With powerful graphics capabilities and 4G speed, you don’t have to sacrifice video quality for a faster load time. moto g6 is completely wrapped in scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass with a 3D contoured back for a comfortable grip. A water-repellent coating helps protect the phone from accidental splashes or light rain. moto g6 is built to help you access features and content quickly, easily, and securely, so you can have more peace of mind.
- Android 8.0 Oreo Operating System
- Qualcomm Snapdragod 450 processory with a 1.8 GHz octacore CUP
- 3GM Memory (RAM)
- 32GB Internal Storage, Expandable to 128GB microSD
- Fingerprint reader and face unlock security
- 3000 mAh Battery
- 5.7" Full HD+ 1080p IPS display
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 72.8 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 167 g
- Ports: USB - C, 3.5 mm headphone jack
Did You Know?
You can get a phone or a tablet at no cost to you through STAP!